Bryony - Wallpapers
Various anime/video game desktop images. Looking for femmes, sorry.
(C'mon, this is on yaoiville, after all.) Characters, original,
unmolested art copyright to the respective creators/owners. Molesting done
by my hands, to which I apologise... sorta.
Enya, "Afer Ventus"
- Yes, that's Zelgadis. A wonderful fanart rendition done by the lovely Ronda. She gave me permission to
mangle use for this paper. You can find more of her work, along with the original piece here, at Ronda's Rudimentary Preganglionic Webpage.
Between Love and Hate lies Crimson
Tori Amos, "Mother"
- Anyone trying to convince me that song doesn't fit will be laughed at. I thought about trying to make the b&w images colour, but felt it had a stronger effect if left as seen now.
Memory Red Lake
- Look, do us both a favour and don't ask. Just assume I was smoking crack, and there's no rhyme or reason to this one.
- Very very very very very busy collage of a two part manga called X-kai. Never heard of it? I'm not surprised, it's neither licensed nor widely known.
- For those who find the lyrics distracting, this is "Never Forgotten" put on a lyric diet.
Pearl Jam, "Elderly Woman behind the counter in a small town"
- First, yes, the song title is really that long. Second, this one was a pain, and one of those few papers where I'll rage if someone else tries to take credit. (Versus just getting highly upset.) The background was easy, as were the lyrics. Sora, Riku, and that [censored] heart, no comment.
Can't Get, Already Have
- For the song, just replace "she" with "he". And any other necessary gender pronoun switches. I believe I grabbed the background image from an astronomy feed at LJ. The inspiration for colours was immediate.
- This one made right on the end of Blogathon 2002, so that's about what I was feeling at the time. Image comes from a small cosmentic/pill box that I still have from Yaoicon 01.
Men at Work
- Cover of the the first DVD when it finally got over here. (And it only took a small forever.) Not that happy with it, but as said before, it could be a lot worse, so that's my consolation.
PJs and Kittens
Paula Cole, "Hush"
- Honestly, the pencil board whispered to me. "Paper me," it said. How could I resist?
Jimi Hendrix, "Purple Haze"
- 4 of 4. Youji made me do it. He picked the song. I had nothing to do with it, honest.
Whole Blade Holy
Tori Amos, "Doughnut Song"
- 3 of 4. Aya is complex. (Though some would say bitchy, and they're right, too.) So a complex song was in order. (Actually, not too many of Ms. Amos' songs aren't complex off that particular CD.)
A Perfect Circle, "3 Libras"
- Part 2 of 4. Not much to say, though I'm happy with the fading effect than when I originally created these a couple years back.
- First of a 4 part paper series. So it's obvious to see where it's going.
Aerosmith, "Dude looks like a Lady"
- C'mon. In the anime at the very least, Marron does drag well. Or at least makeup.